Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Scarlett Rene, Murry Sparkles and a Leap into History








Murry, her sister, and a friend at the Drag March. 



On the verge of 14. 
In San Juan

At St Marks Place baptized into the church of stop shopping. 


  
June 30th - that’s when she came here 14 years ago,
Arriving like a Cyclone, hurling across the sky into New York City,
On the anniversary of the Stonewall.
Rene going, a flash of red coming.
A good time for the world,
Italy winning a few minutes before she arrived.
Off to Princeton and the out to Cali.
Running around Big Sur,
Back to NYC.
Garrison.
The pool.
The cousins.
Evie.
Here comes captain orange juice.
‘Murry Sparcles can be her stage name,’ said Mom.
“Good day Father.”
“Is that a good day or good riddance?”
“I love you.”
Sleeping on the floor, repelling through time,
Pushing away and finding something else.
Sharing a bathroom with a sister, roller skating together whenever they could.
Now that there is no jujitsu with Mary M.
Just protests to go to.
Paintings to create.
Step after step, story after Story.
Ducking under the table in Berlin.
Dublin to Italy.
Camino to Tokyo.
“When you just walked ten long miles in the blazing hot sun, just to walk ten more long miles,”
That’s when you have the blues.
“I’ve lived eight good years and I’m ready to die.”
Hiking through fear.
CTY to Brooklyn and back again.
Eating Lau hot soup in Hanoi, exploring the Banyon Trees in Hong Kong, the ruins of Anchor Wat.
The real adventure in the library.
Reading Twilight on New Years.
Recalling Gertrude,
My Side of the Mountain.
World According to Garp
Leo Tolstoy.
War and Peace
"Happy families are all alike; every unhappy family is unhappy in its own way."
Or was that in Anna Karenina?
Ten pages a day.
Pierre and the Freemasons.
Prince Andrei and the Natasha.
700 pages to go before 9th grade.
Off to the coolest high school in America.
Taking it easy, but taking it during quarantine.
Zoom graduation and resilience.
“If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger,” she laughed, reading,  Wuthering Heights, Emily Brontë’s tales of love and loss and long lines.

“Be with me always - take any form - drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you! Oh, God! it is unutterable! I can not live without my life! I can not live without my soul!”
Heathcliff is the cutest.
Not as cute as Edward.
Or Garp,
The Technical Sargent regressing.
“They were involved in that awkward procedure of getting to unknow each other.”
wrote
John Irving, The World According to Garp

Sometimes reading is a little odd.
But we do it, together.
Or watch the shadows of Nosferatu the vampyre
“Listen. The children of the night make their music.”

Chasing Ice was scarier, the uncertainly of our era always lurking, especially for those who will inherit this mess we’re leaving.
Water rising,
Ice caps melting.
The Brooklyn tides shifting.

Old movies, old souls.
The Parent Trap and Whip It, now and forever.
What about Anton?
Or Tommy?

“Imagining something is better than remembering something.”
John Irving, The World According to Garp
Juneteenth marching through history.
“Do you really want to carry that ACAB sign,” says Dad.
“Dad, its about institutions not individuals,” she corrects me.
Each year finding herself, looking at the world.
I give her the Drunk Boat on her 14th birthday, toasting to her.
We’re all on that boat sailing through the water, looking at time, trying to navigate fate and faith.
Battling tides.
Browsing Japanese bookstores,
Cruising the stacks at the library,
Playdates after Judson.
Arcades and Cyclones at Coney.
Roller Skating on Smith,
Riding the tandem.
Throwing baseballs in the alley.
Rounding the curve.
On our side of the mountain.
14 into forever. 













3 comments:

  1. HERPES CURE....THIS IS REAL ! TAKE TIME TO READ

    TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM GENITAL HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS WITHIN 14DAYS[with Herbal Traditional medicine]

    Hello Everyone out there, I'm Toshia Cook, from Texas USA. I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist called Dr SAYO, who helped me in my life. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 in 2010, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was at the river side thinking where I could get solution. so a lady walked to me asking me why I was so sad and i opened up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she could help me out, she introduced me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 and gave me his email, so i mailed him. He told me all the things I needed to do and also gave me instructions, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via: (sayoherbalhealer@gmail .com) OR Contact Sayo by check FB Page https://www.facebook.com/Sayo-Herbal-Healer-100145798345000/ check blog: https://sayoherbalhealer.blogspot.com/  

    He also have a herbal cure for HIV,
    CANCER,
    ASTHMA,
    IMPOTENCE,
    BARENESS/INFERTILITY ...

    CURE YOUR SELF FROM THAT ILLNESS TODAY,DON'T SPREAD YOUR INFECTION OR DISEASES TO OTHER PEOPLE.
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck  

















    HERPES CURE....THIS IS REAL ! TAKE TIME TO READ

    TESTIMONY OF HOW I GOT CURED FROM GENITAL HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS WITHIN 14DAYS[with Herbal Traditional medicine]

    Hello Everyone out there, I'm Toshia Cook, from Texas USA. I am here to give my testimony about a Herbalist called Dr SAYO, who helped me in my life. I was infected with HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 in 2010, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was at the river side thinking where I could get solution. so a lady walked to me asking me why I was so sad and i opened up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she could help me out, she introduced me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS 2 and gave me his email, so i mailed him. He told me all the things I needed to do and also gave me instructions, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help, you can also email him via: (sayoherbalhealer@gmail .com) OR Contact Sayo by check FB Page https://www.facebook.com/Sayo-Herbal-Healer-100145798345000/ check blog: https://sayoherbalhealer.blogspot.com/  

    He also have a herbal cure for HIV,
    CANCER,
    ASTHMA,
    IMPOTENCE,
    BARENESS/INFERTILITY ...

    CURE YOUR SELF FROM THAT ILLNESS TODAY,DON'T SPREAD YOUR INFECTION OR DISEASES TO OTHER PEOPLE.
    Contact him today and you will have a testimony...Good luck  



    ReplyDelete
    Replies








    1. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Sayo cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Sayo the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his email: sayoherbalhealer@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr Sayo that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via email: (sayoherbalhealer@gmail.com) check his FB page:  https://www.facebook.com/Sayo-Herbal-Healer-100145798345000/ OR visit his websites website; http://sayoherbalhealer.website2.me/  check blog: https://sayoherbalhealer.blogspot.com/  






      Delete
  2. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: Blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com or whatsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be used to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address::  Blankatmhacker007@yahoo.com  or whatsapp: +1 (620) 307-3174

    ReplyDelete